The vast majority of patients and dentists would probably agree that it’s always preferable to save your natural teeth whenever possible. But in those instances when that can’t be done, The Dentist and Dr. Alghadban may recommend that a tooth be extracted. This is often the case with wisdom teeth, for example, which is why we are pleased to offer our Boerne, TX, patients tooth extractions and wisdom tooth removal services.
Types of Tooth Extraction
Generally speaking, The Dentist or Dr. Alghadban will perform one of two types of tooth extractions:
- Simple Extraction – Performed when the tooth has already erupted through the gum tissue.
- Surgical Extraction – Performed when the tooth has not yet erupted through the gum tissue and requires that a small incision in the gums be made to extract the tooth.
Wisdom Tooth Removal
- The tooth does not completely erupt through the gums
- The tooth comes in at an angle
- The tooth is angled toward an existing adult molar
- The tooth comes in at an angle toward the back of the mouth
Learn More About Wisdom Teeth Removal
To schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dentists, or learn more about our extensive dental services, contact our Boerne, TX office today. We are here to help you with a wide range of dental treatments so give us a call and speak to our friendly staff.