Dr. Castillo and the entire staff at Complete Dental Studio want to remind our Boerne, TX, patients how important regular cleanings and exams are to your overall oral health. The truth is that no matter how hard you might try to maintain healthy teeth and gums with an at-home dental hygiene routine, you’ll never be able to remove all the plaque and tartar that naturally build up on teeth over time. That buildup can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
That’s why regular cleanings and exams are so important: they help to keep your teeth healthier and allow Dr. Castillo to diagnose any problems in the very early stages, when they are much easier to treat and resolve. Although the recommended frequency of cleanings and exams varies depending on the patient’s oral health, we recommend that you come in for checkups at least every six months.
What to Expect in Cleanings and Exams
Although every patient has different needs, generally speaking you can expect the following procedures during your cleaning and exam visit to our office:
- Your teeth will be thoroughly cleaned and polished
- The pocket depths around your gums may be measured to assess gum health and detect any early signs of gum disease
- We’ll take X-rays, as needed
- Dr. Castillo will perform a visual examination of your teeth, gums, and existing dental work
- Dr. Castillo will perform an oral cancer screening when needed
How to Maintain Good Oral Health
To schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dentists, or learn more about our extensive dental services, contact our Boerne, TX office today. We are here to help you with a wide range of dental treatments so give us a call and speak to our friendly staff.