It wasn’t too long ago that dental patients had only one option when it came to having straighter teeth, and that was to wear traditional metal braces for an extended period of time. And while it’s true that these appliances were (and are) a very effective way to get a straighter smile, it’s also true that modern dental technology allows patients to choose from a variety of other teeth-straightening methods. One that has become increasingly popular recently is InBrace, or hidden braces. Dr. Katie Vo is pleased to offer the InBrace alternative to our patients in the Boerne, Texas area.
I love InBrace for my patients because they are hidden and go behind the teeth, you can floss your teeth normally, and you don’t need to remember to wear them.
What is InBrace?
InBrace is a type of lingual braces. Unlike traditional metal braces, which consist of brackets and wires worn on the front of the teeth, InBrace are customized wires that are worn on the back of the teeth. Dr. Vo believes that InBrace offers a high-quality treatment option that allows some patients to enjoy all the benefits of a straighter smile without having to wearing traditional braces.
Benefits of InBrace
There are several good reasons why this teeth-straightening method has become popular with orthodontists and patients alike. Here are some of the benefits of InBrace:
- They’re hidden behind the patient’s teeth. Because InBrace smart wires are applied to the back of the teeth, no one will ever know that you’re wearing an orthodontic appliance!
- Daily oral hygiene is easier than it is with traditional braces. Metal braces make it very difficult to thoroughly clean your teeth, and flossing can be a challenge. But patients with InBrace find it much easier to brush and floss each day as they normally would.
- Patients don’t need to remember to wear InBrace. Some of the other alternatives to traditional metal braces involve the patient wearing removable aligner trays. There’s just one problem with those methods: the patient has to remember to wear the trays for the minimum amount of time each day. If they don’t, the method won’t work. But that’s not an issue with InBrace, which are applied to the back of the teeth and not removable by the patient.
Comparing InBrace to Other Teeth - Straightening Methods
Trying to decide which teeth-straightening method is right for you can be a challenge. What follows is some important information to help you understand what makes InBrace different:
- Patients wearing InBrace have an easier time brushing and flossing than patients with traditional braces.
- Unlike patients wearing clear aligners, people with InBrace don’t need to remember to wear their appliances!
- Most patients find InBrace much more comfortable than traditional braces or other lingual braces.
- InBrace is virtually invisible to other people.
- People who wear traditional braces for extended periods of time could end up with stains on the front of their teeth. But because InBrace is worn on the back of the teeth, there are no stains after the appliance is removed.
The InBrace Procedure
The process begins with Dr. Vo performing an oral exam to determine if you’re a good candidate for this procedure. If you are, she’ll use a 3D scanner to create a digital image of your bite. From this digital image, the specialized InBrace software is used to create custom brackets and wires that are designed specifically for each patient. Once those are ready, Dr. Vo will use a customized tray to attach all brackets to the back of your teeth at the same time. Once your InBraces are applied, you’ll need to visit our office periodically for adjustments. Dr. Vo will also provide some recommendations regarding diet and lifestyle considerations that you can follow to ensure the best possible results from the InBrace treatment.
Is InBrace Right for You?
While it’s true that InBrace is an excellent choice for many people, they might not be right for everyone. There’s only one way to find out–schedule your appointment with our Boerne, Texas office today!